What is ‘Taiwan Stock Exhange Corporation (TSEC) Weighted Index’
A stock market index comprised of companies traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE). The TSEC weighted index is made up of all the stocks in the Taiwan Stock Exchange and each is given a weight based on its market capitalization. Preferred shares, “full delivery” shares, and shares listed for less than a month are excluded from the index.
Also known as the “TAIEX”.
Explaining ‘Taiwan Stock Exhange Corporation (TSEC) Weighted Index’
The TSEC weighted index is a weighted average, meaning that stocks with a higher market capitalization exert a greater influence on the overall index. The TSEC weighted index has a base value of 100 based on in its 1966 level and, similar to other indexes around the world, is occasionally reconstituted with different stocks. Much like the NYSE Composite Index, the TSEC weighted index provides a barometer of overall market performance.
Taiwan Stock Exhange Corporation (tsec) Weighted Index FAQ
How can I buy stocks in Taiwan Stock Exchange?
Which companies are listed on the stock exchange?
Can a foreigner buy stocks in Taiwan?
What time does the Taiwan stock market open?
Is forex trading legal in Taiwan?
Does Taiwan have a stock market?
- Price effects of stock market liberalization in Taiwan – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Expiration day effects of Taiwan index futures: The case of the Singapore and Taiwan Futures Exchanges – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Tick sizes and relative rates of price discovery in stock, futures, and options markets: Evidence from the Taiwan stock exchange – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- The price behaviour of initial public offerings on the Taiwan Stock Exchange – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Testing the significance of solar term effect in the Taiwan stock market – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Volatility model based on multi-stock index for TAIEX forecasting – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Transaction tax and market quality of the Taiwan stock index futures – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- The pricing of foreign exchange risk around the Asian financial crisis: evidence from Taiwan's stock market – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Using a hybrid evolution approach to forecast financial failures for Taiwan-listed companies – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]