John T. Dillon, is the retired chairman and chief executive officer of International Paper.
John T. Dillon
What is ‘John T. Dillon’
A former president, chairman and CEO of International Paper Co., a plywood, paper, pulp, packaging and chemical company. Dillon joined International Paper in 1965 as a sales trainee. Over the next 30 years, he worked his way up, becoming president and COO in 1995 and chairman and CEO in 1996, positions he held until 2003 when he retired.
Dillon helped turn International Paper into a large multinational corporation, leading it through two mergers and a major acquisition to increase its market share. However, industry suffered during the recession that began in 2001.
Explaining ‘John T. Dillon’
Born in 1938 in New York State, Dillon earned his masters degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Business in 1971. He has also served as a director of Caterpillar, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. and Kellogg Co.
- Social entrepreneurship: Managerial, finance and marketing aspects – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The financial behavior of emerging adults: A family financial socialization approach – link.springer.com [PDF]
- NIST gold nanoparticle reference materials do not induce oxidative DNA damage – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The World Trade Organization: a new legal order for world trade – heinonline.org [PDF]
- The Concept of Mainstream Medicine For All Californians – www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov [PDF]
- Moving forward with human papillomavirus immunotherapies – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Future outlook for the Irish dairy industry: a study of international competitiveness, influence of international trade reform and requirement for change – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Value innovation: Passport to wealth creation – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Bilateral Radiation Optic Neuropathy Following Concurrent Chemotherapy and Radiation in Glioblastoma – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]