Sanford “Sandy” Jay Grossman is an American economist and hedge fund manager specializing in quantitative finance. Grossman’s research has spanned the analysis of information in securities markets, corporate structure, property rights, and optimal dynamic risk management. He has published widely in leading economic and business journals, including American Economic Review, Journal of Econometrics, Econometrica, and Journal of Finance. His research in macroeconomics, finance, and risk management has earned numerous awards. Grossman is currently Chairman and CEO of QFS Asset Management, an affiliate of which he founded in 1988. QFS Asset Management shut down its sole remaining hedge fund in January 2014.
Sanford J. Grossman
What is ‘Sanford J. Grossman’
An American economist and CEO of the hedge fund Quantitative Financial Strategies (QFS), which he founded in 1988. Sanford Jay Grossman was born in 1953 in New York City and holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Chicago. He has held academic appointments at Princeton, been an economics professor at the University of Chicago and held the position of Steinberg Trustee Professor of Finance at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Explaining ‘Sanford J. Grossman’
Dr. Grossman’s areas of expertise include corporate structure, risk management, securities markets and property rights. He won the John Bates Clark Medal in 1987. QFS hedge fund implements a variety of investment strategies through its currency program, macro program, fixed income program and portable alpha program.
- An economic analysis of dual trading – ideas.repec.org [PDF]
- Stockholder unanimity in making production and financial decisions – academic.oup.com [PDF]
- Trading volume and serial correlation in stock returns – academic.oup.com [PDF]
- One share-one vote and the market for corporate control – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- The determinants of the variability of stock market prices – www.nber.org [PDF]
- Clustering and competition in asset markets – www.journals.uchicago.edu [PDF]
- Disclosure laws and takeover bids – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Takeover bids, the free-rider problem, and the theory of the corporation – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Asset pricing and optimal portfolio choice in the presence of illiquid durable consumption goods – www.nber.org [PDF]