What is ‘S-8 Filing’
A SEC filing required for companies wishing to issue equity to their employees.
Explaining ‘S-8 Filing’
Similar to filing a prospectus, the S-8 outlines the details of an internal issuing of stock or options to employees.
- Shell companies as IPO alternatives: an analysis of trading activity around reverse mergers – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Resolution of financial distress under Chapter 11 – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- The impact of industry classifications on financial research – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Is the Game Worth the Candle-Comments on a Search for Economic and Financial Principles in the Administration of US Countervailing Duty Law – heinonline.org [PDF]
- The Bright side of discretionary accruals: Evidence from finance and innovation – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Do institutional investors demand public disclosure? – academic.oup.com [PDF]