What is ‘Parsonage Allowance’
An allowance designated by a church or other organization for its church professionals (clergy) for the expenses of providing and maintaining a home.
Explaining ‘Parsonage Allowance’
This is basically a housing allowance for ministers. Parsonage allowance is excluded from gross income, but it is included under a self-employment tax.
- Do Religious tax Exemptions Entangle in Violation of the Establishment Clause-The Constitutionality of the Parsonage Allowance Exclusion and the Religious … – heinonline.org [PDF]
- Mental health promotion and mental illness prevention: The economic case – eprints.lse.ac.uk [PDF]
- District Court Rules" Parsonage Allowance" Unconstitutional – www.questia.com [PDF]
- The Constitutionality of the Parsonage Allowance – www.questia.com [PDF]
- Seventh Circuit Denies Plaintiffs' Standing to Challenge Parsonage Allowance: Group's Leaders Did Not Claim the Income Exemption – www.questia.com [PDF]
- Second Home Eligible for Parsonage Exclusion – www.questia.com [PDF]
- The Parsonage Exclusion Under the Endorsement Test: Last Gasp or Second Wind – heinonline.org [PDF]
- Discounting and health benefits: another perspective – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Discounting and health benefits – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]