Khazanah Nasional Berhad is the sovereign wealth fund of the Government of Malaysia.
Khazanah Nasional Berhad
What is ‘Khazanah Nasional Berhad’
The Khazanah Nasional is a government-owned investment organization that manages the sovereign wealth fund for the Government of Malaysia and was incorporated in 1993. The sole shareholder is the Malaysian Ministry of Finance. According to the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute, the Kazanah had approximately $25 billion in assets under management in 2009.
Explaining ‘Khazanah Nasional Berhad’
The Khazanah Nasional is governed by a nine-member board of directors with members from both the public and private sectors. The goal of the Khazanah Nasional is to promote economic growth in Malaysia and make strategic investments on behalf of the Malaysian government. Its investments are spread across many business sectors, but are geographically focused on firms operating in Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
- Khazanah Nasional: Malaysia's treasure trove – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The economic crisis, capitalism and Islam: The making of a new economic order? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Determinants of bank profitability in a developing economy: empirical evidence from the China banking sector – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Enacting the rules of global finance: sovereign wealth funds and the promotion of corporate governance reform – link.springer.com [PDF]
- Does Doing Good Pay Off? Social Impact Bonds and Lessons for Islamic Finance to Serve the Real Economy – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- Factors influencing bank profitability in a developing economy: Empirical evidence from Malaysia – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]
- Potential role of social impact bond and socially responsible investment sukuk as financial tools that can help address issues of poverty and socio-economic insecurity – journals.iium.edu.my [PDF]