What is a ‘Game Changer’
1. A person who is a visionary. 2. A company that alters its business strategy and conceives an entirely new business plan. This type of company switches up and forms a new business strategy in order to compete directly or indirectly with competitors. A game changer changes the way that something is done, thought about or made.
Explaining ‘Game Changer’
Game changers are people or organizations that see a new way to complete a task that is more efficient than the traditional methods. These innovations open up a new avenue of economic growth and transform the image of the industry. Big leaders with big ideas are commonplace throughout the business world as every manager strives to become a game changer in their respective field.
Jeff Bezos: Retail Game Changer
Billionaire and Amazon.com, Inc. Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Jeff Bezos, is a widely recognized as a game changer for what the executive has managed to do with Amazon over the past couple of decades. Bezos founded the company, originally name Cadabra, in 1994 and officially launched Amazon.com in 1995.
Elon Musk Brings the Electric Car Into Demand
Tesla Motors founder and CEO, Elon Musk, is another entrepreneurial individual that is seen as a game changer. Musk founded Tesla in 2003 with high ambitions of being a game changer in the auto industry. Over a decade later, Tesla has effectively brought the electric car into modern times by using high-powered lithium-ion batteries to power the car rather than gasoline.
- China's “Belt and Road Initiative”: Underwhelming or game-changer? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The economic crisis as a game changer? Exploring the role of social construction in sustainability transitions – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Are savings groups a livelihoods game changer for young people in Africa? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Eco-friendly policies and financial performance: Was the financial crisis a game changer for large US companies? – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Hybrid 3D printing: a game-changer in personalized cardiac medicine? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Energy–A Geopolitical Game Changer? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The game changer: coping with China's foreign policy revolution – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- The China–Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC): a game changer for Pakistan's economy – link.springer.com [PDF]
- The Arab spring: a game changer in Turkey-EU relations? – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]