What is ‘Valuable Papers Insurance’
A special type of property-casualty insurance. Valuable papers insurance will reimburse the policyholder for the monetary value of any valuable papers that are lost for any reason, such as wills, trusts or corporate charters. It is often purchased by corporations, small businesses and wealthy persons.
Explaining ‘Valuable Papers Insurance’
The coverage limits for valuable papers insurance can be very high in some cases. However, the coverage is always limited to either the actual monetary value of the papers themselves or their replacement value. Furthermore, the papers insured must always be carefully guarded in an appropriate fashion in order to file a claim.
- The gathering crisis in federal deposit insurance – ideas.repec.org [PDF]
- The theory of financial intermediation – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Convergence of insurance and financial markets: Hybrid and securitized risk‐transfer solutions – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Informal micro-finance schemes: The case of funeral insurance in South Africa – ideas.repec.org [PDF]
- Deposit insurance around the globe: where does it work? – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]