What is ‘G. Allen Andreas Jr.’
The former president, chairman and CEO of agribusiness company Archer Daniels Midland (ADM). In the late 1990s he took over as CEO for his uncle, Dwayne Andreas. Andreas Jr. also served as president of ADM and in 1999 became chairman. He is known for turning the company around after it was hit with price fixing charges in 1993.
Explaining ‘G. Allen Andreas Jr.’
Born in 1943 in Iowa, Andreas Jr. joined ADM in 1973 as a lawyer. Prior to that, he worked in the U.S. Treasury Department in Denver.
Based in Decatur, Ill., ADM is an agricultural processor of human food ingredients such as vegetable oils, flour and sweeteners; animal food ingredients and feed; and biofuels such as ethanol.
- Recombinant human interleukin 1 receptor antagonist in the treatment of patients with sepsis syndrome: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled … – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Financial integration in Europe: Effects on markets and economic growth – link.springer.com [PDF]
- Users' guides to the medical literature: I. How to get started – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Firms' financial choices and thin capitalization rules under corporate tax competition – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Are economists different, and if so, why? – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]
- Microfabricated microneedles for gene and drug delivery – www.annualreviews.org [PDF]
- Evidence-based medicine: a new approach to teaching the practice of medicine – jamanetwork.com [PDF]