Form 1310

Form 1310

What is Form 1310 and what is it used for

The IRS Form 1310, also known as the Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer, is used to request a refund of taxes that were paid by a deceased taxpayer. The form must be signed by the executor or administrator of the estate, and it must be accompanied by a copy of the death certificate. In addition, the form must include information about the deceased taxpayer’s filing status, income, deductions, and tax liability. Once the form is completed and submitted, the IRS will process the refund and issue a check to the estate. While the Form 1310 may seem like a daunting task, it is relatively straightforward and can be easily completed with the help of a tax professional.

Who needs to file Form 1310

If you are a non-resident alien who is unable to secure a social security number, you will need to file Form 1310. This form allows the IRS to give you a tax identification number. In order to file Form 1310, you must have a filing requirement for the current tax year. You will also need to provide proof of your identity and your alien status. Once you have filed Form 1310, you will be able to file your taxes just like any other taxpayer. If you have any questions about whether or not you need to file this form, you should speak to a tax professional.

When do you need to file Form 1310

You need to file Form 1310 if you are the surviving spouse of a decedent who died leaving property valued at $250,000 or less. You will also need to file the form if you are the executor of an estate that meets the same criteria. The purpose of the form is to request a tax waiver from the IRS. In order to qualify for the waiver, you must meet certain requirements.

For example, you must not have been required to file a federal estate tax return in connection with the decedent’s death. Additionally, you must not have remarried since the decedent’s death. If you meet all of the requirements, you can submit Form 1310 along with a copy of the death certificate and any other supporting documentation. Once the form is processed, you will receive a tax waiver from the IRS.

How to file Form 1310

If you are an executor of an estate who is not a U.S. citizen, you will need to file Form 1310 with the IRS. This form is used to claim a refund of any overpaid estate tax. To complete the form, you will need to provide your name, address, and Social Security number. You will also need to attach a copy of the probate order or death certificate. Once the form is completed, you can mail it to the address listed on the form. If you have any questions about how to complete the form, you can consult the instructions provided by the IRS.

What are the consequences of not filing Form 1310

The IRS imposes a late filing penalty if Form 1310 is not filed by the due date. The penalty is usually 5 percent of the tax due for each month or part of a month that the return is late, up to a maximum of 25 percent. In addition, interest accrues on the unpaid tax at the rate of 0.5 percent per month or part of a month. If you do not pay the tax shown on your return by the due date, you will also be charged interest on that amount at the rate of 0.5 percent per month or part of a month, plus a late payment penalty of 0.5 percent per month or part of a month.

The maximum late payment penalty is 25 percent. Although you will not be liable for the late filing penalty if you can show that you failed to file on time due to reasonable cause and not willful neglect, you will still be responsible for any interest and late payment penalties that apply. As you can see, it’s important to file Form 1310 on time to avoid significant penalties and interest charges.


Form 1310 is an IRS Form that is used to report certain changes of address. The form must be completed and mailed to the IRS within 60 days of the change of address. Form 1310 can be used to report a change of address for an individual, a business, or an estate. The form can also be used to report a change of address for a trust, an association, or a corporation. The Form 1310 is available on the IRS website.