What is ‘Back Up The Truck’
Slang that refers to the purchase of a large position in a stock or other financial asset by an investor or trader. Typically, when someone is willing to back up the truck on a financial asset, this implies that they’re extremely bullish on that asset’s performance.
Explaining ‘Back Up The Truck’
For example, if an analyst recommends that it is time to start backing up the truck on XYZ stock, this means that he or she is extremely confident and upbeat about how well XYZ stock will be doing in the foreseeable future.
- The evangelical financial ethic: Doubled forms and the search for God in the economic world – anthrosource.onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Long distance truck drivers and the structural context of health: a culture-centered investigation of Indian truckers' health narratives – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Small modular reactors: A comprehensive overview of their economics and strategic aspects – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Economic impact of truck–machine interference in forest biomass recovery operations on steep terrain – meridian.allenpress.com [PDF]
- From Kerala to Dubai and back again: construction migrants and the global economic crisis – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]