What is the ‘Taguchi Method Of Quality Control’
The Taguchi method of quality control is an approach to engineering that emphasizes the roles of research and development, product design and product development in reducing the occurrence of defects and failures in products. The Taguchi method considers design to be more important than the manufacturing process in quality control and tries to eliminate variances in production before they can occur.
Explaining ‘Taguchi Method Of Quality Control’
Genichi Taguchi, a Japanese engineer and statistician, began formulating the Taguchi Method while developing a telephone-switching system for Electrical Communication Laboratory, a Japanese company, in the 1950s. As a result of his success, he eventually became well-known in both Japan and the United States, with companies such as Toyota, Ford, Boeing and Xerox adopting his methods.
- Neural network design and feature selection using principal component analysis and Taguchi method for identifying wood veneer defects – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Use of the Taguchi method and grey relational analysis to optimize turning operations with multiple performance characteristics – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Sales forecasting system based on Gray extreme learning machine with Taguchi method in retail industry – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- The use of a grey-based Taguchi method for optimizing multi-response simulation problems – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Optimization of correlated multiple quality characteristics using desirability function – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Optimization of plasma arc welding parameters by using the Taguchi method with the grey relational analysis – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Production system with process quality control: modelling and application – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Optimization of the GTA welding process using combination of the Taguchi method and a neural-genetic approach – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- An optimal design for process quality improvement: modelling and application – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Investigating the effects of injection molding parameters on the mechanical properties of recycled plastic parts using the Taguchi method – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]