Pairing Off is an album by saxophonist Phil Woods’ Septet recorded in 1956 and released on the Prestige label.
What is ‘Pairing Off’
An illegal practice of a brokerage firm offsetting short and long positions between house accounts by collecting cash payments without physically delivering the securities.
Explaining ‘Pairing Off’
Pairing off can occur only by brokerage firms colluding with one another. Proper settlement of short and long positions require the delivery of physical securities be made within three business days after the transaction. By settling these positions with cash payments, the brokerage firms are able to manipulate the market by trading non-existent shares and circumventing settlement regulations.
- Hooking Up and Pairing Off: Correlates of College Students' Interest in Subsequent Hookups and Romantic Relationships With Other-Sex and Same-Sex Hookup … – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Wildlife management and land reform in southeastern Zimbabwe: a compatible pairing or a contradiction in terms? – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Analytical study on ethephon residue determination in water by ion-pairing liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Market efficiency and continuous information arrival: evidence from prediction markets – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Silver (I)-mediated cytosine self-pairing is preferred over hoogsteen-type base pairs with the artificial nucleobase 1, 3-dideaza-6-nitropurine – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Gender pairing and bargaining—Beware the same sex! – link.springer.com [PDF]
- A fully synthetic human Fab antibody library based on fixed VH/VL framework pairings with favorable biophysical properties – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The valuation of patent-trademark pairing as IP strategy: evidence from the USPTO – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]