What is ‘National Social Security Fund (China)’
A government-controlled investment fund established primarily to provide a reserve of funds for China’s social security system. The fund is managed by the National Council for Social Security Fund. According to the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute, the National Social Security Fund has approximately $146.5 billion in assets.
Explaining ‘National Social Security Fund (China)’
Although the National Social Security Fund is an independent entity distinct from the Chinese government, the National Council for Social Security Fund that manages it is a ministerial-level government institution. These funds are set aside to support social security payments through periods when population trends draw the fund down by a greater amount than the contributions it receives.
- … Social Security Fund Based on the DC Type Accumulation System and Investment Tactics-Revelation of US" TSP" and option of ways for China's social security fund … – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- Superman in the Dark: Trading Behavior of the Chinese National Social Security Fund – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- The Optimal Transfer Shares of State-owned Firms to Social Security Fund – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- On Management of Overseas Investment Risk of China's Social Security Fund [J] – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- Valuation of the National Social Security Fund Based on VaR [J] – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- Comparative Analysis on Area Supply Capacity of Social Security Funds in China [J] – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- Research on Investment and Regulation of Pension Fund of China [J] – en.cnki.com.cn [PDF]
- Corporate governance and state-owned shares in China listed companies – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]