Lawrence Joseph Ellison is an American businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who is co-founder, executive chairman and chief technology officer of Oracle Corporation. As of June 2018, he was listed by Forbes magazine as the fifth-wealthiest person in the United States and as the eighth-wealthiest in the world, with a fortune of $54.5 billion.
What is ‘Lawrence Ellison’
Born in 1944, Lawrence (Larry) Ellison has been the Chief Executive Officer of Oracle Corporation since founding it in 1977. Oracle is the world’s largest enterprise software company, which as of 2010 employed up to 110,000 people worldwide.
Explaining ‘Lawrence Ellison’
Lawrence Ellison is one of the world’s richest billionaires and is an active philanthropist. Known for his extravagant lifestyle, Ellison is an avid sailboat racer and pilot, and owns many exotic cars.
- Understanding investment drivers for UK sustainable property – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Survival and disease progression according to gender of patients with HIV infection: the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- An economic analysis of a drug-selling gang's finances – academic.oup.com [PDF]
- Classification of drug permeability with a Caco-2 cell monolayer assay – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Risk of multiple sclerosis exacerbation during pregnancy and breast-feeding – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Nine facts about top journals in economics – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]