What is ‘Larry Montgomery ‘
A former CEO and chairman of Kohl’s department stores. Montgomery joined Kohl’s in 1988 as senior vice president and director of stores. He was appointed to the board of directors in 1994, became CEO in 1999, and became chairman in 2003. Montgomery is known for helping to turn Kohl’s from a primarily Midwestern chain into a national chain. He retired in 2010.
Explaining ‘Larry Montgomery ‘
Kohl’s is a Wisconsin-based department store with both an online and brick-and-mortar presence. It opened its first store opened in 1962, and the company went public in 1992 with an initial public offering of 11.1 million shares. The stores primarily sell men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, footwear, accessories and home furnishings. About half of the items sold in its stores are private or exclusive brands.
- Economic behavior in political context – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]
- Three-year maintenance of improved diet and physical activity: the CATCH cohort – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Outcomes of a field trial to improve children's dietary patterns and physical activity: the Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health (CATCH) – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Distribution of and factors associated with serum homocysteine levels in children: Child and Adolescent Trial for Cardiovascular Health – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Green imperialism: Pollution, penitence, profits – socialistregister.com [PDF]
- Foreign direct investment, diversification and firm performance – link.springer.com [PDF]
- Alternative constructions of Tobin's q: An empirical comparison – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]