What is ‘Joint Life With Last Survivor Annuity’
An insurance product that, when annuitized, makes payments to the annuitant, the annuitant and his/her spouse, or the annuitant and another beneficial party until both the annuitant and his/her spouse have passed away. These annuities are not term certain, so they continue paying out to the annuitant, and whoever he or she designates to receive payments, until the death of the annuitant and the designated third party. The annuitant may also designate a beneficiary, who can, but doesn’t have to be the same person as the designated third party.
Explaining ‘Joint Life With Last Survivor Annuity’
These insurance products are an excellent way for an annuitant to provide for him/herself and his/her spouse until the annuitant’s death and to provide for the spouse and the beneficiary following the annuitant’s death. Annuitants may elect to have their spouse and beneficiary receive reduced payments after their death, so as to maximize the amount of money that will be transferred to the death benefit of the policy.
Joint Life With Last Survivor Annuity FAQ
How does a joint life annuity work?
Do annuities have survivor benefits?
Can annuities be jointly owned?
What is a joint survivor annuity?
What’s the difference between a single life annuity and a joint and survivor annuity?
- Financial innovation for an aging world – www.nber.org [PDF]
- A note on dependencies in multiple life statuses – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- … for underwriting a combined joint life and long term care insurance policy which is actuarially responsive to long term care demands and life expectancies of the … – patents.google.com [PDF]
- Joint Life Term Insurance Reserves Use the Retrospective Method Based on De Moivre Law – yadda.icm.edu.pl [PDF]
- Annuity valuation with dependent mortality – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- A General Semi-Markov Model for Coupled Lifetimes – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Implied Life Credits: A Financial Index for Life Annuities – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]