What is ‘Jitney’
A situation in which one broker who has direct access to a stock exchange performs trades for a broker who does not have access.
A fraudulent activity in the penny stock market involving two brokers trading a stock back and forth to rack up commissions and give the impression of trading volume.
Why is it called a jitney?
How much is a jitney?
How long does the jitney take?
Are jitneys legal?
How does the jitney work?
- Privatization of urban transit: The Los Angeles jitney experience – link.springer.com [PDF]
- 'Roping the Wild Jitney': the jitney bus craze and the rise of urban autobus systems – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Mobility niches: jitneys to robo-taxis – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The West Adapts the Automobile: Technology, Unemployment, and the Jitney Phenomenon of 1914-1917 – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Carros por Puesto-The'Jitney'Taxi System of Caracas, Venezuela – trid.trb.org [PDF]
- THE GROWTH OF GREYHOUND BUS SERVICE IN THE SOUTHEAST: From" Jitney" to Affiliation With a Nationwide System – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Owner-Drivers in the Tro-Tro Industry: A Look at Jitney Service Provision in Accra, Ghana – escholarship.org [PDF]