What is ‘David Hasselhoff Index’
A stock index comprised of companies associated with actor David Hasselhoff. Investors might correlate the popularity of David with increased sales surrounding his related products. Firms involved with Hasselhoff endorsements, advertising, movies or productions are included in the index.
Explaining ‘David Hasselhoff Index’
Companies included in the index include General Electric, which is the parent company of NBC in which Hasselhoff stars on America’s Got Talent. Firms in this index generally show consistant growth due to the “Don’t Hassle the Hoff” Factor.
- The curious case of overfitting legal transplants – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- Asian perceptions of American soft power – link.springer.com [PDF]
- Fields of Application of Artificial Intelligence—Financial Services and Creative Sector – link.springer.com [PDF]
- FDI in multi-brand retail: an empirical study of consumers in NCR region (India) – www.inderscienceonline.com [PDF]
- From productive interactions to impact pathways: Understanding the key dimensions in developing SSH research societal impact – academic.oup.com [PDF]