C. Steven McMillan is an American businessman. He served as Chief Executive Officer of the Sara Lee Corporation from 2000 to 2005.
C. Steven McMillan
What is ‘C. Steven McMillan’
A former CEO of Sara Lee from 2000 to 2005. Sara Lee sells frozen and packaged foods, including baked goods, beverages and meat, along with household products such as body care, shoe care, insecticides and detergents. McMillan took over at a time when the company was struggling, and under his executive leadership, he worked to streamline the company’s 200-plus brands. Nonetheless, the company’s revenue and operating income declined as the company faced competition from low-cost imports and inexpensive store brands.
Explaining ‘C. Steven McMillan’
Another setback McMillan experienced was the result of his decision to acquire the baked-goods company EarthGrains. The move was unpopular with investors because they were unhappy with the price paid for the company and because anticipated gains from the decision never materialized. He was also the subject of a sexual discrimination lawsuit in 2004.
McMillan was born in 1946 and earned an MBA with honors from Harvard Business School. In addition to Sara Lee, he has been a board member with Aero Toy Store, Inc., Bank of America, Monsanto, Electrolux, Illinova and Pharmacia & Upjohn.
- Achieving the successful transfer of environmentally sound technologies: Trade-related aspects – www.oecd-ilibrary.org [PDF]
- Mapping the invisible colleges of – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Part IV: How do reputations affect corporate performance?: Sustainable competitive advantage and firm performance: The role of intangible resources – link.springer.com [PDF]
- The impact of publishing and patenting activities on new product development and firm performance: The case of the US pharmaceutical industry – www.worldscientific.com [PDF]
- Using science and technology indicators to manage R&D as a business – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Examining the scope of the accounting literature: a bibliometric review of a decade of research – www.inderscienceonline.com [PDF]
- Implementing effective control strategies for firm management of scientific information – www.inderscienceonline.com [PDF]
- Europe 2020 and the European Research Area: the response by three small European countries – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- One Point of View: Corporations Need to Publish—or Perish – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Corporate Governance and Top Management Team Demographic: A Longitudinal Analysis of Their Effects on Innovation – www.worldscientific.com [PDF]