What is ‘Back Months’
The available futures contracts for a particular commodity that possess expirations or delivery dates furthest into the future. Also referred to as deferred futures or forward months.
Explaining ‘Back Months’
Back month futures contracts may have identical actuals as those contracts are expiring in the near term. However, as the time of delivery is further into the future, the price of the contract will vary. Similar to option contracts, futures may extend beyond many months.
- Off the cliff and back? Credit conditions and international trade during the global financial crisis – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Is operative delivery associated with postnatal back pain at eight weeks and eight months? a cohort study – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The economic burden of back pain in the UK – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- The burden of chronic low back pain with and without a neuropathic component: a healthcare resource use and cost analysis – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- When credit bites back – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- PPP strikes back: Aggregation and the real exchange rate – academic.oup.com [PDF]