Whether you’re a professional chef or a business owner, odds are you are always on the lookout for the next big thing to streamline your baking. Time is money, and saving effort on previously time-consuming tasks can free you up to create more or help you keep on top of orders. As a bonus, some innovations allow you to improve your customer’s experience. Today, we’re going to take a look at whipped cream chargers: what they are, what they do, and how they’ll take your business to the next level.
What Are Cream Chargers?
Cream chargers, also known as whip-it tanks, whippits, and whipped cream chargers, are canisters containing compressed nitrous oxide gas. Used in combination with a whipped cream dispenser and a pressure regulator, they can be used to create picture-perfect whipped cream, in addition to a variety of other specialty desserts, additions, garnishes, and drinks.
Whipped cream chargers vary in size, but for business use, you are likely to benefit from the 640G tank offered by Exotic Whip. Whoever your supplier is, be sure to review their safety and disposal instructions. While whip-it tanks are generally safe and easy to use, you are handling canisters of compressed air. Certain precautions will be required.
How Do Whippits Work?
Cream chargers infuse your creations with nitrous oxide. With heavy cream, sugar, and flavoring of your choice, this leads to Instagram-worthy whipped cream every time. When used for oils, herbs, and spices, you get a flavorful infusion for cooking or finishing. Pop in some diced or sliced fruit, and you’ll have a refreshing pop of flavor for garnish or a light snack. You can froth cocktails, brew nitro coffee, and more!
Tips For Using Cream Chargers
- Chill Your Ingredients: With the exception of Espumas, always ensure your ingredients are cold— straight out of the fridge if possible. This helps things like creams and mousses to set properly and maintain shape.
- Use the Right Size Charger: Your chargers and dispenser need to be compatible. Find where you want to purchase your charger first, then find a dispenser and pressure regulator that work with them.
- Shake the Dispenser: Once you’ve added the charger, give everything a good shake. This helps the gas dissolve evenly throughout the cream.
- Don’t Overfill: An overfilled dispenser can lead to a whipped cream that’s too big—and a big mess if the pressure builds up too much.
How Whipped Cream Chargers Elevate Your Business
- Consistency and Convenience: using a charger ensures a consistent texture and density every time. This is great for customer loyalty, serving your clients the same deliciously satisfying experience. It also helps with marketing— what you serve really will match the picture. Whipped cream chargers are incredibly convenient, as it only takes seconds to achieve these results.
- Customization: you can customize your whipped cream easily with a charger. Just add your flavoring of choice, like cocoa powder or vanilla extract, before sealing the dispenser and adding the charger. You can also create infused oils, butter, and edible foams.
- Cost-Effective: The bottom line for any business always comes down to expenses versus profits. With cream chargers, you’re saving time and money. Premade whipped cream gets expensive, especially if you have high demand. And traditional nitro coffee infusers were complicated arrays of tubes and tanks. Chargers are simple, easy to use, and don’t take up a lot of space.
- Versatility: did we mention chargers are great for more than whipped cream? With their wide variety of uses, you can expand your menu while saving time and money in creating items like nitro coffee, infused oils, and espumas.
Who Benefits the Most From Purchasing Cream Chargers?
Every kitchen should have a whippit. Whether you bake as a hobby or run an industrial-sized kitchen, you can benefit from the advantages of adding a cream charger to your arsenal of kitchen supplies. Whipped cream chargers are a convenient, versatile tool that can take your kitchen creations to the next level, no matter your level of skill.
They can take a little practice to get used to, but trial and error are all part of the process when creating delicious things.
Whether you run a bakery, restaurant, or cafe, whipped cream chargers are a versatile tool that can help you stand out from your competitors and create dazzling drinks and desserts. So, why not give them a try and see the difference they can make for yourself? Your customers— and your staff —will thank you for it!