What is ‘Real-Time Quote’
This is the actual price of a security at that moment in time. Most prices of securities that are displayed on various websites are delayed quotes. These quotes are usually delayed from 15 to 20 minutes. Real-time quotes are instantaneous with no delay.
Explaining ‘Real-Time Quote’
A basic quote on a security consists of a bid price and an ask price. The bid price is what sellers would receive for the security and the ask price is what buyers must pay for the security. The more volume that is traded on a security will bring the bid and ask prices closer together.
- Incorporating real-time financial data into business curricula – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Real‐time forecasts of inflation: The role of financial variables – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- A cloud computing based real time financial system – ieeexplore.ieee.org [PDF]
- Market efficiency in real time – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Real time foreign exchange data modeling in international economics and finance – www.jstor.org [PDF]
- Trading fast and slow: Security market events in real time – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- System, method and apparatus for international financial transactions – patents.google.com [PDF]
- A real-time adaptive trading system using genetic programming – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Micro effects of macro announcements: Real-time price discovery in foreign exchange – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]