What is ‘Paris Hilton Stock Index’
A stock index comprised of companies associated with the socialite Paris Hilton. Some investors conceive her influence on the consumer spending habits of her fans is material enough to give these companies a competitive advantage.
Explaining ‘Paris Hilton Stock Index’
The concept behind the Paris Hilton Index resides in her endorsements and product lines. Ideally, Hilton’s fans see her using certain products or releasing her own brands and flock to purchase the goods. As a result, the companies behind the products experience increased sales. Companies included in this index are Parlux Fragrances (who manufacture Hilton’s brand of perfumes), News Corp, Time Warner and Amazon.
- Is Bitcoin the “Paris Hilton” of the currency world? Or are the early investors onto something that will make them rich? – joi.pm-research.com [PDF]
- Is Bitcoin a better safe-haven investment than gold and commodities? – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- What precious metals act as safe havens, and when? Some US evidence – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- A statistical physics view of financial fluctuations: Evidence for scaling and universality – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Bitcoin, gold, and commodities as safe havens for stocks: New insight through wavelet analysis – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Economic fluctuations and statistical physics: Quantifying extremely rare and less rare events in finance – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Safe haven, hedge and diversification for G7 stock markets: Gold versus bitcoin – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Evaluation by the Aumann and Serrano performance index and Sharpe ratio: Bitcoin performance – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Human Irrationality as a Contributor to Financial and Economic Insecurity – books.google.com [PDF]