The Palisades Water Index is a modified equal-dollar weighted stock market index. It is designed to track the performance of companies engaged in the global water industry such as pump and filter manufacturers, water utilities, and irrigation equipment manufacturers. The index was set at 1000 as of December 31, 2003.
Palisades Water Index
What is ‘Palisades Water Index’
A stock market index that gauges the performance of global water industry companies. These companies encompass such subsectors as water utilities, pump and filter manufacturers, and irrigation equipment. The index was created in order to capitalize on the growing public awareness of water provision and treatment.
Explaining ‘Palisades Water Index’
As of December 31, 2003, the index was set at 1,000. In order to find out where it is now, look for ticker symbol ZWI. The index is a modified, equal weighted dollar index and trades on the AMEX.
- Water exchange traded funds: A study on idiosyncratic risk using Markov switching analysis – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- An investigation into the interdependence of global water indices: a VAR analysis – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Water as the next commodity – jai.pm-research.com [PDF]
- Which way does water flow? An econometric analysis of the global price integration of water stocks – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- A framework to assist the financial community in incorporating water risks into their investment decisions – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- The financialization of water – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]