Karl Hans Albrecht was a German entrepreneur who founded the discount supermarket chain Aldi with his brother Theo. He was for many years the richest person in Germany. As of February 2014, he was ranked as 21st-richest person in the world by Hurun Report.
What is ‘Karl Albrecht’
The German billionaire entrepreneur who founded discount supermarket chain Aldi and one of the richest people in the world according to Forbes. As of 2010, Aldi had more than 4,000 stores in Germany plus another 8,000-plus stores in Australia, France, Great Britain, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and the United States amongst other countries. It’s biggest competitor is another German discount supermarket chain, Lidl.
Explaining ‘Karl Albrecht’
In addition to groceries, Aldi also sells skin care products and some household items. Aldi primarily sells its own brand of products. Other ways the store keeps costs down include charging customers for shopping bags, not accepting credit cards or charging a fee to accept them and using a coin-machine system to lend shopping carts to consumers so they will return them to the store.
Karl Albrecht FAQ
What is social intelligence in your opinion?
What is social intelligence theory?
What are the components of social intelligence?
What is social intelligence in leadership?
Who inherited the Aldi fortune?
How much is the Aldi family worth?
- Whole algae hydrothermal liquefaction: 2014 state of technology – www.osti.gov [PDF]
- The arbitrage principle in financial economics – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]
- Karl Albrecht Schachtschneider: Verfassungsrecht der Europaischen Union. Teil 2: Wirtschaftsverfassung mit Welthandelsordnung – search.proquest.com [PDF]
- German Historical School and the question of liberalism: Karl-Heinz Schmidt – books.google.com [PDF]
- Alternative concepts for a global financial system–an answer to the present world financial crisis/Conceptos alternativos para una sistema financiero global–una … – www.jstor.org [PDF]