What is ‘Harry Potter Stock Index’
A collection of stocks from companies related to the “Harry Potter” series franchise. Created by StockPickr, this index seeks to capture some of Harry Potter’s success by investing in selected movie producers, merchandisers and advertisers currently associated with the franchise.
Explaining ‘Harry Potter Stock Index’
The Harry Potter Stock Index includes such firms as Scholastic (Nasdaq:SCHL), who publishes the Harry Potter books, and Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), the series movie producer. Even Amazon (Nasdaq:AMZN) is included, where Potter books are best sellers. Hasbro (NYSE:HAS), Motorola (NYSE:MOT), Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) and Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) are a few other related companies included in the index.
- A trillion dollars a year in intangible investment and the new economy – books.google.com [PDF]
- Popular perceptions and political economy in the contrived world of Harry Potter – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- Harry Potter in the Gulf: Contemporary Islam and the occult – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Causality, chaos, explanation and prediction in economics and finance – books.google.com [PDF]
- Financial cointegration and spillover effect of global financial crisis: A study of emerging Asian financial markets – hrcak.srce.hr [PDF]