What is ‘Weak Sister’
An element that undermines the entire system. Weak sister can either refer to a single individual or a specialized group considered to be the weak link in an integrated process.
Explaining ‘Weak Sister’
Usually referring to an undependable member of a group environment, the weak sister can also be a malfunctioning part of a team oriented task. For example, the slowest member in an assembly line or a slow marketing team which hinders the overall performance of operations is referred to as the weak sister.
- A Weak Sister? Macmillan, Suez and the British Economy, July to November, 1956 – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Other financial corporations: Cinderella or ugly sister of empirical monetary economics? – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]
- Other financial corporations: Cinderella or ugly sister of empirical monetary economics? – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- The Philippines in the Asian financial crisis: how the sick man avoided pneumonia – online.ucpress.edu [PDF]
- The political economy of the German Länder deficits: weak governments meet strong finance ministers – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Who talks to whom? Intra-and interdisciplinary communication of economics journals – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]
- Economic imperialism and the crisis in financial accounting research – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]