What is ‘National Organization Of Life And Health Insurance Guaranty Associations – NOLHGA’
NOLHGA is a voluntary organization of U.S. life- and health-insurance guaranty associations. Founded in 1983, it covers policyholders when a multistate life- or health-insurance company fails.
Explaining ‘National Organization Of Life And Health Insurance Guaranty Associations – NOLHGA’
NOLHGA pays policyholders’ claims when an insolvent insurance company is unable to. It raises the needed funds from other insurance companies doing business in the states where the failed insurer was doing business. Each insurance company pays a special assessment in proportion to the amount of premiums it collects in that state.
National Organization Of Life And Health Insurance Guaranty Associations (nolhga) FAQ
Which of the following is covered by the Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association?
How is the life and health insurance guaranty association funded?
What is the state guaranty association?
What is the purpose of life and health insurance guaranty association?
What is an example of rebating?
What is the purpose of the Insurance Guaranty Fund Association?
What is covered under the California Life & Health Insurance Guarantee Association?
- The Life and Health Insurance Guaranty System-How it Works to Protect Consumers-Even in Severe Economic Times – heinonline.org [PDF]
- The Life and Health Insurance Guaranty System – search.proquest.com [PDF]
- Resolving Life Insurer Insolvencies Efficiently – heinonline.org [PDF]
- Financial means of life assurers in a digital economy – www.atlantis-press.com [PDF]
- Rational decumulation – papers.ssrn.com [PDF]