Lakshmi Niwas Mittal is an Indian steel magnate, based in the United Kingdom. He is the chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steelmaking company. Mittal owns 38% of ArcelorMittal and holds an 11% stake in Queens Park Rangers F.C.
What is ‘Lakshmi Mittal’
The chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal and one of the world’s wealthiest billionaires. Mittal is credited with helping to globalize the steel industry’s business model.
Explaining ‘Lakshmi Mittal’
Mittal’s career began by working in his family’s steel making business in India, and he has since acquired more than 30 years of experience in steel and related businesses. In 1976 he founded Mittal Steel Company, eventually merging with Arcelor in 2006 to form ArcelorMittal. In addition to his work in the steel industry, Mittal is a philanthropist and is a member of numerous boards and trusts.
- International financial institutions and the new global managerial order – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Weirton revisited: Finance, the working class, and Rustbelt steel restructuring – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]
- V. Finance and Economics of the Belt and Road Initiative – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- AIIS Conference: US industry is down but not depressed by financial meltdown – search.proquest.com [PDF]
- From Yoghurt to Steel: French Economic Nationalism in Defensive Mode – www.jstor.org [PDF]