What is ‘John W. Conway’
The chairman, president and CEO of Philadelphia-based Crown Holdings, a company that produces metal packaging such as soft drink cans, candy tins and aerosol containers for beauty products and industrial products. When Conway became CEO in 2001, the company had a large market share but a recession was hurting its business. Conway cut costs by closing several of the company’s plants. He also oversaw the company’s expansion in Vietnam, Cambodia and the Middle East and the sale of its cosmetics packaging business and global plastic closures business.
Explaining ‘John W. Conway’
Born in 1945, Conway holds a Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School and has also been a board member of PPL and West Pharmaceutical Services. Conway began his career with Continental Can International, which was acquired by Crown Cork & Seal in 1991 and became Crown Holdings in 2003. He became president and COO of Crown in 1991 and CEO and chairman in 2001.
- A typology of resilience: rethinking institutions for sustainable development – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]
- The relationship between visuospatial sketchpad capacity and children's mathematical skills – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Designing management curriculum for workplace readiness: Developing students' soft skills – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]
- Effects of smoking intervention and the use of an inhaled anticholinergic bronchodilator on the rate of decline of FEV1: the Lung Health Study – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Understanding the role of the corporation in sustainability transitions – journals.sagepub.com [PDF]
- Are housing price cycles asymmetric? Evidence from the US States and Metropolitan areas – jeelm.vgtu.lt [PDF]
- Mortality of Wood Warbler – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Affective responses to images in print advertising: Affect integration in a simultaneous presentation context – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]
- Evaluating the conservation mission of zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, and natural history museums – conbio.onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Repressive coping style and suppression of pain-related thoughts: Effects on responses to acute pain induction – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]