David W. Dorman is an American Telecommunications executive and founding partner of Centerview Capital Technology Partners. Dorman is currently Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of CVS Health Corporation and serves on the boards of PayPal Holdings, Inc., Yum! Brands, Inc. and the Georgia Tech Foundation. Dorman was a board member of Motorola, Inc. since 2006, was elected Non-Executive Chairman of the Board in 2008 and retired from his board position in May 2015. Dorman also was a board member of Scientific Atlanta until the company was acquired by Cisco Systems in 2006.
David W. Dorman
What is ‘David W. Dorman’
A former president, CEO and chairman of AT&T. He entered the telecommunications industry in 1981 with Sprint, where he worked his way up to president. Dorman has also been CEO of Concert, PointCast and Pacific Bell. When SBC acquired Pacific Bell, he became executive vice president at SBC. He became president of AT&T in December 2000 and was its chairman and CEO from 2002 to 2006, leaving the company shortly after its merger with SBC.
Explaining ‘David W. Dorman’
Dorman was born in 1954 in Georgia and earned his bachelor of science degree with high honors from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1975. While at AT&T, Dorman worked to modernize the company’s infrastructure, sell its services as bundles, make it the largest internet provider, pay down its debt and increase its stock value. Dorman has also served on the board of directors for Yum! Brands, CVS Caremark and Motorola (as non-executive chairman).
- Effect of a multiple-site intensive care unit telemedicine program on clinical and economic outcomes: an alternative paradigm for intensivist staffing – journals.lww.com [PDF]
- The politics of neglect: The Egyptian state in Cairo, 1974-98 – eprints.soas.ac.uk [PDF]
- Outcomes of percutaneous drainage without surgery for patients with diverticular abscess – journals.lww.com [PDF]
- Improving sepsis care: the road ahead – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- Relationship between occurrence of surgical complications and hospital finances – jamanetwork.com [PDF]
- The growth of finance – www.aeaweb.org [PDF]
- Exclusion and Informality: The Praetorian Politics of Land Management in C airo, E gypt – onlinelibrary.wiley.com [PDF]
- Gender and corporate finance: Are male executives overconfident relative to female executives? – www.sciencedirect.com [PDF]
- Examination of the potential of ionic liquids for gas separations – www.tandfonline.com [PDF]